Cheddar and Pasta Filata Cheese Provolone Mozzarella and Kashkaval

The curd grains are separated from the whey, and the curd is left for a few hours for continued acidification (cheddaring), until a pH value of about 5.1 to 5.3 is reached. Then the curd is milled into chips.

For Cheddar chips, is added salt (2-2 /2%). Some of the whey, which has dissolved about 25% of the added salt, is squeezed out of the chips; the remaining 75% of the salt will be absorbed in the cheese. Finally, the curd is hooped, pressed, wrapped in plastic film, and packed in cartons and placed in storage for ripening.

In the production of provolone, mozzarella, and Kashkaval, the chips of milled, acidified curd are conveyed or shoveled into a container filled with hot water or brine at 7585 ° C, and the curd is kneaded until it is smooth and elastic. The curd then is formed in molds and cooled.

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Bread Making

Bread Making

Discover How To Surprise Family and Friends With Homemade Bread? Is Your Bread Coming Out Doughy Or Crumbly? Well, you don't have to be frustrated anymore by baking bread that doesnt rise all of the way or just doesn't have that special taste.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment