• Biofilms in the Food Environment (Hans P. Blaschek, Hua Wang, and Meredith E. Agle)
• Food Carbohydrate Chemistry (Ronald E. Wrolstad)
• Food Irradiation Research and Technology (Christopher H. Sommers and Xuetong Fan)
• High Pressure Processing of Foods (Christopher J. Doona, C. Patrick Dunne, and Florence E. Feeherry)
• Hydrocolloids in Food Processing (Thomas R. Laaman)
• Multivariate and Probabilistic Analyses of Sensory Science Problems (Jean-Francois Meullenet, Hildegarde Heymann, and Rui Xiong)
• Nondestructive Testing of Food Quality (Joseph Irudayaraj and Christoph Reh)
• Preharvest and Postharvest Food Safety: Contemporary Issues and Future Directions (Ross C. Beier, Suresh D. Pillai, and Timothy D. Phillips, Editors; Richard L. Ziprin, Associate Editor)
• Regulation of Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals: A Global Perspective (Clare M. Hasler)
• Sensory and Consumer Research in Food Product Development (Howard R. Moskowitz, Jacqueline H. Beckley, and Anna V.A. Resurreccion)
• Thermal Processing of Foods: Control and Automation (K.P. Sandeep)
• Water Activity in Foods: Fundamentals and Applications (Gustavo V Barbosa-Canovas, Anthony J. Fontana Jr., Shelly J. Schmidt, and Theodore P. Labuza)
©2006 Blackwell Publishing All rights reserved
Blackwell Publishing Professional
2121 State Avenue, Ames, Iowa 50014, USA
Web site: www.blackwellprofessional.com
Blackwell Publishing Ltd
9600 Garsington Road, Oxford OX4 2DQ, UK
Tel.: 144 (0)1865 776868
Blackwell Publishing Asia
550 Swanston Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia Tel.: 161 (0)3 8359 1011
Authorization to photocopy items for internal or personal use, or the internal or personal use of specific clients, is granted by Blackwell Publishing, provided that the base fee of $.10 per copy is paid directly to the Copyright Clearance Center, 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923. For those organizations that have been granted a photocopy license by CCC, a separate system of payments has been arranged. The fee codes for users of the Transactional Reporting Service are ISBN-13: 978-0-8138-0018-9; ISBN-10: 0-8138-0018-8/2006 $.10.
First edition, 2006
Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
Hutkins, Robert W. (Robert Wayne)
Microbiology and technology of fermented foods / Robert W. Hutkins. —1st ed. p. cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index. ISBN-13: 978-0-8138-0018-9 (alk. paper) ISBN-10: 0-8138-0018-8 (alk. paper)
1. Fermented foods—Textbooks. 2. Fermented foods—Microbiology—Textbooks. I. Title. TP371.44.H88 2006
The last digit is the print number: 987654321
Was this article helpful?
You may be forgiven for thinking that these passed down secrets had gone for good, washed away with time and the modern age, But they're not. You can now own three of the best traditional did you know style reports that were much loved by our parents and grandparents. And they were pretty smart too because not only will these reports save you time and money but they'll also help you eliminate some of the scourges of modern day living such as harmful chemical usage in the home.