1. Clean the fermenter and accessories with soapy water and rinse.
2. Close valve under fermenter and place a rubber stopper in drain hole. Install circulating pump and add 10 kg of sugar.
3. Run in tap water and stir with wooden spoon to dissolve sugar. When water level is above the circulating pump start the pump, being careful to avoid any undissolved sugar crystals getting into the pump inlet.
4. Make up a yeast cream using 1 lb. of active baker's yeast in block form. Break into pieces and soak in a small volume of water for 15 minutes. Use mixing bowl, two wooden spoons and minimum amount of water to make the cream.
5. Pour in the yeast cream or sprinkle 150 g. of dry, powdered active yeast onto the sugar solution, close fermenter with glass cover-plate and install immersion heater and thermometer.
6. Switch on heater and raise temperature of sugar solution to 30-35 oC. Maintain this temperature for 5 days or until fermentation is complete.
7. When fermentation is complete, switch off pump and heater, reach down into the beer and replace the rubber stopper with the copper dam. Allow to stand for several hours (overnight?) to let yeast settle to bottom.
8. Run the "beer" into the beer-stripper via rubber hose.
Was this article helpful?
Acai, Maqui And Many Other Popular Berries That Will Change Your Life And Health. Berries have been demonstrated to be some of the healthiest foods on the planet. Each month or so it seems fresh research is being brought out and new berries are being exposed and analyzed for their health giving attributes.